- Influencer marketing has surpassed print media marketing
- Affiliate marketing accounts for 16% of e-commerce orders in the US and can increase new customers for your business by 45.7%
- Every second, Google handles on average 63,000 searches. So your customers are always searching for your business and its products
Many entrepreneurs and startups often spend lots of money on traditional advertising methods online or on TV and Radio to get customers to notice and buy their products. But, the truth is, as long as you have a great product and market effectively, you will always get sales.
Nowadays, there’s so many ways and tools you can use to acquire customers without spending a single penny. You don’t need to break the bank and spend loads on marketing.
Here are the best cheap and cost-effective ways to market your business and products without spending a penny.
1. Use Social Media Influencers
By 2021 between 3.6 to 3.8 billion people globally use social media. That’s more than half of the world. Many of them look to their favourite celebrities or influencers – Instagram stars, YouTubers, Twitchers, Vloggers, Bloggers, and Twitter personalities – for advice on which goods or services to buy.
More and more businesses use influencers to market products on their behalf. This is why influencer marketing has surpassed print media marketing.
It’s very cost-effective to find influencers in your network or online through tools like the TribeGroup, Empire.Kred, and BuzzSumo. You can either pay them with a sample of your products or with money. On average, for every $1 you spend, influencers can earn you $6.50. That’s a very good return on investment.
2. Leverage or Start a Community
Communities are spaces where people who have a common interest gather. Finding an online community or one that meets face-to-face through events has never been easier. Here you can find people who are interested in your products, content, business, industry or the problem that your product is looking to solve.
You can find some great communities on:
It’s important to build relationships first and sell later. Otherwise, some people in the community will think you’re not genuinely interested in being part of it and only want to sell. Even though this is true, be smart about it.
In some online communities, you’ll find people that market your products or business on their website. Building a solid relationship with these types of people is vital. To engage with people, you can offer exclusive offers and content.
3. Create Affiliate Programmes
These programmes are great because you only pay affiliates when customers purchase your products from them. Affiliates get a share of the sale. This gives them a powerful incentive to sell products on your behalf without you having to lift a finger.
Affiliate marketing accounts for 16% of e-commerce orders in the US and can increase new customers for your business by 45.7%. Especially if your affiliate already has a wide reach to potential customers through their social media, network, or website traffic.
Although it can be tough to share your profits with affiliates, this type of marketing will increase revenues in the long run. That’s why, from Amazon to WordPress, almost every well-known brand has an affiliate programme. Why do the work when someone else can do it for you?
4. Improve Your SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
If you already have a website, you can optimise it so that customers find you easily online. If you don’t have a website, make one for free using sites like WordPress or Wix. Even if it’s just a single page with contact and location details, having a website is essential for all businesses today.
There’s a lot of info out there on SEO already. It basically boils down to having…
- A. Fast-loading website pages that effectively work on both computer and mobile
- B. High-quality content such as blogs, articles, pictures, visuals, infographics, or videos
… that people love to view and which are filled with relevant keywords that people search Google for.
Every second, Google handles on average 63,000 searches. So your customers are always searching for your business and its products. Having a site that’s optimised means you’ll appear higher on Google search rankings out of the millions of competitors out there. So customers click and get to your website, products, and content first.
5. Start Content Marketing
Content marketing is a great tool, which will help you draw visitors and drive traffic towards your website or the product page.
- Produce content you are comfortable with or good at creating, e.g. videos, podcasts, or blog posts
- Quality content provides value. It’s useful for your target audience
- Don’t be afraid to go in-depth on some topics
- Be unique so your content stands out from competition
- Soft pitch your products. You can link product pages in the content or briefly mention your products and where to find them in your content
- Guest-post your content on other websites, especially if the website has high traffic. This will help drive potential visitors onto your website
- Recycle old content once you’ve been creating over a longer period of time. You can republish old content on other websites, turn written content into infographics, e-books, or videos
6. Ask for Customer Referrals
Customers are more likely to trust your brand and products if their family, friend, or someone in their network refers it. Instead of waiting around for customers to do this, why not give them a push or incentive.
The best tried-and-tested method of getting referrals is to provide customers with offers and discounts like 10% or $10 off their next purchase if they refer a friend. Consider what would be valuable for your customers.
You can take referrals one step further by providing incentives that can be tracked and sending this directly to customers emails. Tracking the coupon means you’ll know every time a new referral buys your products, and you can add emails to your subscriber’s list for future marketing efforts to send them further offers and discounts.
If your customers don’t know about your business or products and where to buy them, how will they buy your goods. Marketing is crucial. Thankfully, you don’t need a big marketing budget to acquire customers. By using these 6 tips, you can effectively market your business with no budget and still get customers and eventually the sales you need.